Functions of Copyright Society Of Tanzania (COSOTA)
As provided for under Section 47 of the Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Act, No.7 of 1999 (CAP 218 RE 2002).the functions of the Society are as follows:
- To promote and protect the interests of authors, performers, translators, producers of sound recordings, broadcasters, publishers, and, in particular, to collect and distribute any royalties or other remuneration accorded to them in respect of their rights provided for in this Act.
- To maintain registers of works, productions and associations of authors, performers, translators, producers of sound recordings, broadcasters and publishers.
- To search for, identify and publicize the rights of owners and give evidence of the ownership of these where there is a dispute or an infringement.
- To print, publish, issue or circulate any information, report, periodical, books, pamphlet, leaflet or any other material relating to copyright and rights of performers, producers of recordings and broadcasters.
- To advise the Minister on all matters under this Act.