Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania

Ofisi ya Hakimiliki Tanzania

To protect the rights of content creators...
I am an online music service provider; do I need to obtain COSOTA license?

Yes, you need a license from COSOTA. Whether it is music downloading (Mechanical Rights License) or music streaming (Performing Right License). You may also be required to get the master recording rights from the owners. Online Music Service Providers are kindly advised to get in touch with COSOTA for appropriate license.