Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania

Ofisi ya Hakimiliki Tanzania

To protect the rights of content creators...
I rent out my venue to event organizers. Who is responsible for paying the COSOTA license fee?

Both the owner of the venue and the event organizer may be liable. As an owner or operator of an event centre using any form of music whether live or recorded, you are responsible for obtaining the appropriate copyright license from COSOTA by paying the required tariffs. The event organizer needs to make sure that the venue is fully licensed or she may be liable for copyright infringement. The event organizers are advised to contact COSOTA before the use of the music.